Candle Care – How to get the most from your Candle

Candle Care – How to get the most from your Candle
Posted by      11/30/2021 14:41:31
Candle Care – How to get the most from your Candle

We have a few tips and tricks the get the most out of our Renu and Vivante candles. Our candles are made from high quality wax and cotton free lead wicks to ensure that they have a long lasting and fragrant burn, but there are a few little things we highly recommend doing to ensure safety and performance:

  • ALWAYS trim your wick to 6mm before lighting. This helps with sustaining a good burn temperature and prevents sooting or staining of the glass. Once you have finished burning your candle, simply take some wick trimmers or use your fingers to remove the excess length.
  • Try and keep your candles lit for the same amount of time each burn. For the first burn we recommend keeping your candle lit for 3 hours as this allows the wax pool to melt evenly. If you burn your candle for shorter amounts of time, the wax pool will not fully melt which can result in wax ‘tunnelling’ and shortened candle lifespan. For subsequent burns 1-3 hours is a good timeframe.
  • Stop burning the candle when 1cm of wax remains in the bottom of the jar. If the candle is burnt all the way to the bottom the glass can become very hot and prone to breaking.
  • Recycle your candle jar! When 1cm of wax is left in the bottom of the jar, pop your candle into the freezer. Allow to completely freeze and then you will be able to pop the remaining wax out. Wipe and clean the jar well. You now have a lovely vessel to use as a pencil holder, a planter or vase! Recycling your candles in this way reduces unnecessary waste and helps the planet. Just make sure not to put any food products into the jar as some fragrance residue may remain.

By using these tips your candles should now be burning more beautifully than ever!

Please contact us at sales@pastelpines.com if you have any further questions about our Renu and Vivante candles.

The Pastel Pines Team

Comments

Log in or register to post comments